What are coinage gold and jewellery gold?
Coinage gold refers to the gold alloy used to make coins. This alloy is composed of 90% gold and 10% copper. In other countries, the composition may be different. Coinage gold is designed to be hard and durable so that coins can withstand handling and circulation.
Jewellery gold, on the other hand, refers to the gold alloy used to make jewellery. This alloy is also typically 90% gold, but the other 10% is made up of a mix of other metals such as silver, copper, nickel, and zinc.