Explain in brief about different components of a domestic electric circuits.
Some components of an electric circuit are discussed below:
- Switches: It is an ON-OFF device which is used to control the flow of current in a circuit. It is connected to live wires.
- Socket: A socket is a component used in the electric circuit in which a plug is inserted.
- Wires: It is the path through which electricity is brought to our homes from the power generating station.
- Fuse: A fuse is a device which limits the current in an electric circuit. It is an arrangement for protecting the house wiring from damage due to the passage of excess current.
- Main switch: It is a double pole switch having an iron covering. The cover is connected to the earth wire. It is used to switch off the supply to the entire house.