Which of the statements is true or false
- Extraction of metals from its ore is an oxidation process.
- Pure iron does not rusts.
- The alloy bell metal contains copper.
- Presence of Cl– ion accelerates rusting.
- Aluminium corrodes easily by formation Al2O3 on its surface.
The extraction of metals from their ore is a reduction process.
Aluminum does not corrode easily by forming Al2O3 on its surface. In fact, aluminium forms a thin and protective layer of aluminium oxide (Al2O3) on its surface that prevents further corrosion.