Write any three properties each of the parallels of latitude and meridians of longitude.
Properties of parallels of latitude:
- They run parallel to the equator.
- They are measured in degrees north or south of the equator.
- They are used to locate a place on the Earth’s surface.
Properties of meridians of longitude:
- They run from the North Pole to the South Pole.
- They are measured in degrees east or west of the Prime Meridian.
- They are used to determine a location’s distance from the Prime Meridian.